At Drake Medox Health Services, we recognize the positive contribution Health Care Aides make to clients and their families lives. You hold a unique blend of clinical and personal skills that enable you to provide compassionate care and support to those in need. Whether you're looking to work in a long-term care facility or in our private clients homes, we provide flexibility and freedom so that you can create your own schedule and choose your own assignments.
At Drake Medox, we value your dedication and know that you go above and beyond for those you care for. That's why we're excited to invite you to join our team, where you'll be highly valued and respected. Together, we are a community of compassionate Caregivers who are making a real difference in the world, one client at a time.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling that allows you to choose where you want to work and when
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Supportive work environment and team-oriented culture
- Chance to work with a variety of clients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs
- Certified Health Care Aides can also choose our unique House call service option and turn your spare time into money!
- The House call service option (1 hour of home care service) offers a pay rate of $34.00 per house call. With the potential to work as many house call visits per day as you desire.
What you do:
- Offer compassionate companionship to clients
- Provide personal caregiving services in accordance with an established plan of direct care
- You are honest, energetic, and approachable with good communication skills
- Provide safety assistance with activities of daily living such as: showering, personal care, medication reminders, assistance with range of motion exercises, dementia care, and hospice care.
- You will be awake and alert even on overnight shifts to help our clients.
- Willing to perform general housekeeping activities
- Maintain and promote personal hygiene
- Observe/record contents as required by care plan and report/document observations to the designated supervisor as instructed.
- Report ambulatory risks - physical and environmental to supervisor.
Who you are:
- Commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of Drake Medox Health Services
- 18 years of age or older
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working responsibly with confidential information
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a home-like setting
- Winnipeg Police Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check
- HCA Certificate from an Accredited College
- Full Immunization Record
- CPR Level C and First Aid Certificate
If you've recently applied for your Winnipeg Police Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, or Adult Abuse Registry Check, and you're waiting to receive these documents, please send in the receipts with your resume.